Here are trending topics in the Belgian and Dutch press for the month of January.
You can see below the most mediatized brands in Belgium and the Netherlands, as well as the insights to explain these shifts in our media coverage ranking.
1. Facebook takes the lead. Moving from 10th most mediatized brand in Belgium to first place.
2. Boeing is the second brand due to the media coverage on the crash of an airplane in Iran, but also the debate on the 737 MAX still generates some articles.
3. The financial results for SNCB and the higher ticket price are two important topics for the brand that takes the fourth place in January.
4. The ranking is also marked by the presence of different car brands: Tesla, Toyota and Renault. The Brussels Motor Show takes place in January but for Tesla the financial results were for example generating more articles.
5. Amazon is the last brand in the ranking: the phone of the owner of Amazon was possibly hacked by Saudi-Arabia, the financial results were presented and Amazon will arrive on the Dutch market in 2020.
1. Google tops the Dutch ranking, while Facebook is only second (first brand in the Belgian ranking).
2. Boeing is the fourth brand (2nd in the Belgian ranking) due to the media coverage on the crash of an airplane in Iran.
3. Air France-KLM is the 5th brand in the ranking: flights to China are cancelled due to the corona virus, Air-France KLM is interested to cooperate with Malaysian Airlines and a record number of passengers for the airline in 2019 is announced.
4. Philips is the 8th brand. The Dutch brand is moving away from its home appliances division.
5. KPN is the last brand in the ranking. The brand is criticized for security problems and because the Chinese government follows via KPN Chinese people in Europe. The visibility for the brand also increases thanks to the announcement of the financial results for 2019.
Discover what you may have missed last week in the digital world
Influencer marketing raakt meer en meer sectoren. Zoals we in een vorig artikel uitleggen, zegt slechts 34% van de consumenten dat ze vertrouwen hebben in de merken die ze kopen.
Na het klinkende succes van de Singles Day van de Alibaba Group en de gigantische sommen die hun evenementen binnenbrachten, zijn nu alle ogen gericht op Amazons Black Friday.